Dark Theory looks at String theory, Ancient DNA Knowledge, the UFO phenomenon, Mars, Moon ancient aliens? strange creatures, Reptilian brain, Alien Abduction, Vampires, Japanese mythology, Black eyed Children, Illuminati, Ghosts, Demons, Angels, Heaven, Hell, Science, Islam, Jesus, God, Satan, Music, Eminem, Robert Johnson, Selling soul, the devil, False Gods, False reality, M theory, God Particle
Which one is best value? Find out here..
Jack the Ripper caused horror in 19th century London England. The Serial Killer killed five prostitutes in a seemingly motiveless killing spree. Who was Jack the Ripper? Suspects are numerous and include Walter Sickert, the Royal Family, Joseph Merrick, Prince Albert Victor, Sir William Gull, Lord Randolph Churchill, JK Stephan, HH Holmes, James Maybrick and many others.
WATCH FULL DOCUMENTARY @
Corporations are notoriously greedy and a lack of respect for human rights is something that many corporations lacks. Walmart, Google, Facebook, Tesco, News Corporation and many other corporations act with shocking greed. They sell mass made, low quality products at high prices, they use child labour, pay no tax, exploit, extort, manipulate and lie, Amazon are among the worst offenders. Whats more is they have more control over information then most people realize.
Amazon own over 40 subsidiaries including Zappos, Diapers.com, Kiva Systems, Goodreads, Teachstreet, Alexa and IMDb. They have a huge monopoly in eBooks and online shopping. In fact a few months ago, I ordered a product from an alternative website costing me about £7.00 more than it would from Amazon just to avoid using the money loving, parasites, but when the product arrived it come from Amazon!
Alexa rank is a data website that keeps stats on website usage, my website was climbing “the rankings” fast, it leap from 11th millionth to about 3 millionth (the last time I checked) within just a couple of months! A few weeks later the data completely cleared and I was back down at the very bottom. Lucky for me I don’t particularly give a FUCK where parasites like Amazon rank my site, but if they are manipulating data like that on Alexa rank what is going on with other sites they own.
IMDb for example, I have believed for a long time that IMDb is manipulated. Especially with mainstream movies and TV, Walt Disney’s Inside out rated better than Raging bull? Firefly rated better than Vikings, Narcos and House of Cards? Arrested Development better than Only Fools and Horses? Pretty Little Liars has more than one out ten? Are people stupid or are Amazon paid, my guess is both!
Tax evasion, exploitation, lack of workers rights, manipulation of statistics and media, lobbying and absolute parasitic greed make AMAZON one of the most corrupt and disgusting corporations that exist.
BOYCOTT ALL AMAZON.
Amazon, Acquisitions and investments
- PlanetAll, a reminder service based in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Junglee, an XML-based data mining startup based in Sunnyvale;
- Bookpages.co.uk, a UK online book retailer, which became Amazon UK on October 15, 1998;
- Telebook (www.telebuch.de) was Germany’s leading online bookstore, it became Amazon’s German online store;
- Internet Movie Database (IMDb).
- Alexa Internet a database company;
- Accept.com a financial services company;
- Drugstore.com 40% investment in 1999, increased stake in 2000, sold stake to Walgreens in 2011 for a 90% loss;
- GeoWorks, a wireless communications company, acquisition of a minority interest;
- Pets.com, purchased a 54 percent stake;
- LiveBid.com, which produced Internet-based auction software;
- e-Niche Incorporated, comprising: Exchange.com, Bibliofind.com (hard-to-find book titles), and Musicfile.com (hard to find music titles)
- HomeGrocer.com, a 35 percent stake in the online grocer;
- Gear.com, 49 percent stake (the company was purchased by Overstock.com in 2000)
- Tool Crib of the North, acquired the online and catalog sales division of the company in October 1999, selling a very wide variety of tools and home improvement items;
- Convergence Corporation, software to connect wireless devices to the Internet;
- MindCorps Incorporated, applications for web sites including online chats to web based databases;
- Della.com, gift registry, expert advice, and personalized gift suggestions, Amazon purchased a 20% stake (in April 2000, the company merged with WeddingChannel.com)
- Back to Basics Toys, catalog toy store (sold to Scholastic in 2003)
- Ashford.com, retailer of luxury products, Amazon acquired a 16.6 percent ownership;
- Leep Technology Inc., developer of on-line database query tools and CRM software.
- Online music retailer CDNow. By 2011, the website cdnow.com was defunct and in use by a different company.
- BookSurge, a print on demand company
- Mobipocket.com, an e-book software company
- CreateSpace.com (formerly CustomFlix), a distributor of on-demand DVDs (since expanded to include print on-demand books, CDs, and video), based in Scotts Valley, California.
- Smallparts.com, an industrial component supplier.
- Shopbop, a retailer of designer clothing and accessories for women, based in Madison, Wisconsin.
- dpreview.com, a digital photography review website based in London; Brilliance Audio, the largest independent publisher of audiobooks in the United States.
- Audible.com; Fabric.com;
- Box Office Mojo;
- Shelfari (including a 40% stake in LibraryThing and whole ownership of BookFinder.com, Gojaba.com, and FillZ)
- Reflexive Entertainment, a casual video game development company
- Zappos, an online shoe and apparel retailer
- SnapTell, an image matching startup,
- Stanza, a rival e-book reader to Amazon’s Kindle.
- 2008: Engine Yard, a Ruby-on-Rails platform as a service (PaaS) company.
- 2010: LivingSocial, a local deal site.
- 2014: Acquire .buy domain in an auction for $4,588,888
- 2014 : Amazon Announces Additional US $2 Billion Investment in India in June 2014
- 2004: A9.com, a company focused on researching and building innovative technology.
- 2004: Lab126, developers of integrated consumer electronics such as the Kindle.
- 2007: Endless.com, an e-commerce brand focusing on shoes.
- 2007: Brilliance Audio, the largest independent audiobook producer in the US.
Amazon owns over 40 subsidiaries, including Zappos, Diapers.com, Kiva Systems, Goodreads, Teachstreet, and IMDb.
I know what most of you are thinking, yes it does make you a hypocrite but let me attempt to defend this “obscene hypocrisy” to you.
I make zero budget documentaries, I was surprised sometimes even amazed at the success of some of these videos and wanted a DVD release for some of them, I chose Amazon as the company to distribute my DVDs not because I liked Amazon but because Amazon is our only option! “Nonsense” I hear you shout but I have contacted at least 30 to 40 Distributors, Amazon Create Space really was other then a couple that did contact me back, my only option at the time.
Amazon is undeniable user friendly and efficient compared to alternatives, the very few alternative self publishing companies, at that time (I last released a DVD over three years ago) were complicated to use, requiring file types that I was not even aware existed and irritating to the point of unusable DVD front cover designer software. Since then I have began to sell downloads using Sellfy but the sales on Sellfy are slow compared to the sales on Amazon.
Obviously this is due to the fact that Amazon has a huge monopoly when it comes to online sales and some of that success is definitely due to the user friendliness of Amazon as a customer and a publisher. The second reason I chose Amazon is obvious, millions of potential customers use it! As a publisher I wish their was an alternative but if their is I am still to find it, I don’t make a lot of money from Amazon but its something and I have a family to feed. I have set out alternatives (all my videos are on YouTube for free and many torrent websites as well as Sellfy) for people that like me refuse to spend money with Amazon due to their tax evasion, exploitation, zero hour contracts, lobbying and their general greed but unfortunately not using Amazon to sell due to my dislike of Amazon would be like removing my YouTube videos (something YouTube does regularly) due to my dislike of YouTube, the only person that loses anything is me, Amazon and YouTube will not even Notice I have gone.
I believe Amazon and companies like them should pay a fair wage to their workers as they should pay a fair amount of tax on their profit (50% for the least) they paid 0.5% last year. I believe as the customer its our responsibility to consider ethical issues before feeding the monster but as a seller you go where the people go, that just happens to be Amazon, you tell me the alternative?
Not using certain online services nowadays can led to not being heard at all and that is a big problem, what do you want us to do? Sit in silence in protest of corporate greed or use their own devices against them for as long as they allow us? Because I think YouTube, Facebook, Amazon, Twitter and many other online services and corporations do not care much for the truth, even if they do make money on it.